Feeding documents through a paper shredder is about as interesting as watching paint dry. It’s also incredibly time-consuming and doesn’t keep your information as secure as you think. Luckily, you don’t have to worry about these things when you work with a first-class document shredding service. You simply get to enjoy these major benefits:
You wouldn’t want a doctor fresh out of medical school performing open heart surgery on you, right? The same principle holds true for document shredding. A provider with multiple years of shredding experience will understand the legal compliance issues affecting your business. They’ve also had time to perfect their processes so that you receive seamless and secure service every time. Not to mention the benefit of all that time to carefully hand-select a team of trained specialists committed to meeting and exceeding all legal aspects of information destruction.
You can learn a lot about your document shredding provider just by looking at their affiliations. A first-class shredding company is involved in associations that are committed to raising awareness about evolving privacy protection and information management issues. The following member organizations address and discuss information destruction and security issues:
- The National Association for Information Destruction (NAID)
- The Association of Records Managers and Administrators (ARMA International)
- The Disaster Recovery Information Exchange (DRIE)
- The Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM)
- Professional Records and Information Services Management (PRISM International)
NAID AAA Certification and Secure Destruction
NAID AAA Certification is the hallmark of the highest information security. NAID AAA Certification requires strict security regulations. Secure shred collection containers must be used to ensure all customer information remains secure until destroyed. Strict chain of custody protocols must be in place to guarantee the secure transfer, handling and transportation of sensitive documents and files at all times. NAID AAA Certification also requires that all paper must be destroyed using:
- Cross-cut shredding equipment that reduces paper records to a 5/8” width particle size or less
- A mixing process that combines your shredded material with thousands of pounds of other shredded material for complete obscurity
These processes give you peace of mind, knowing that your information will be destroyed securely and according to the highest industry standards.
Fair Pricing and Service
Nothing destroys customer loyalty faster than sticker shock. If you’ve ever bought an airline ticket, only to find out once you arrive at check-in that hidden fees are tacked on to the original cost, you know the feeling of betrayal. Fair pricing and excellent service come standard with a first-class document shredding service, and include:
- Free delivery of secure shred collection containers
- Free recycling of shredded material
- Free Certificate of Destruction
- No contract or minimum term
Document shredding is more than protecting your information. You want a shredding provider that’s just as committed to treating your business with the priority and respect it deserves. After all, when your business patronage is honored, so is the privacy of your information.
FileBank offers document shredding solutions to businesses throughout Canada. For more information about our services, please contact us by phone or complete the form on this page.